Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Just HAVE to Brag! :)

So... although Ms. Deaton and I were really nervous about taking on the daunting task of being the sole teachers responsible for 85 students' Reading and Math grades, the entire grade level, when we were asked to move up to 5th grade this year, we did it anyway, because we had faith in our students. We knew we had a smart, HARD working crew this year. So before our K-PREP testing begins, I thought I should brag just a little on our kids. This week and last Ms. Deaton and I had our final Math and Reading grade level meetings concerning Spring MAP scores. And, did you know that as a grade level, 5th grade at OES is 73% PROFICIENT in Math and 73% PROFICIENT in Reading according to NWEA guidelines. Guys, this is just a little pre-testing shout-out... Ms. Deaton and I are UNBELIEVABLY proud of you and we know that you're going to kick the K-PREP's butt! Keep up the great work and make us proud! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment